Ever since the high-profile Australian provider, Big Time Gaming, came up with the Megaways mechanic, these slots have been the talk of the industry. The popular slot update comes with a random reel modifier that affects the number of symbols that can appear. This means that the number of ways players can win has grown as well, which plays a part in the slots’ popularity.
If this sounds like something that would strike your fancy, stay with us and read about all the Megaways slots you can find in Mega Casino, a platform devoted to this type of game.
Types of Megaways Slots on Offer
You can try your hand at Megaways slots on Mega Casino if you’re thinking about playing one of these. However, before you start, you should be aware of all that’s on offer when it comes to this innovative engine.
The site offers some of the most popular titles like Big Time Gaming’s Bonanza and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, NetEnt’s Divine Fortune and Gonzo’s Quest, and Pragmatic Play’s Starz and Great Rhino Megaways.
If you’re a seasoned slot player and have already had a fair share of popular Maygaway slots we mentioned above, some new releases might seem more attractive. You might find titles like 1 Million Megaways, 8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger, Ali Baba’s Luck, Amazon Island, Beetlejuice Megaways, etc., more fun.
Bonus Games and Features
Megaways slots can bring some extra features to the table, which only adds to the great overall gaming experience these provide. Here’s what you’re in for in this case:
- Cascading Reels — The fan-favourite feature, Cascading Reels, allows the winning symbols to disappear from the reels and be replaced with new ones. In this way, the players can score multiple wins from a single play.
- Unlimited Win Multiplier — You will activate this one if you manage to enter a bonus round. From there on, this function will multiply whatever you win every time your do. That is, the multiplier level rises indefinitely.
- Mystery Symbols — With this feature, your Megaways slot will reward you with a multiplier bonus. Mystery Symbols can appear on your reels both in the base game and bonus rounds and, depending on that, pay more or less.
- Bonus Buy — You can buy your way into some free spins or even whole bonus rounds. What’s more, Bonus Buy makes your original stake 100 times more valuable.
Making Your Choice
Now that you know the basics and are aware of what you can choose from when it comes to Megaways slots, we can discuss how you can pick between them. There are several points that you should take into account when deciding on a slot:
- RTP — This abbreviation stands for “return to player” and represents the percentage of money that the slot pays out over a longer time. Typically, games with RTPs over 96% are considered to pay out well. You can read about specific slot RTPs on online casino review sites.
- Hit frequency — On the topic of payouts, you should also take note of the hit frequency of slots. Hit frequency represents the percentage of spins in which you can expect at least one win. So it might be useful to know how often you can expect a payout with a certain slot. With some slots, you’ll be able to find this information in the info screen. On average, slots have between 20% and 30% hit frequency.
- Promotions — Often, casinos have bonuses on offer that are attached to particular slots. These provide an excellent way for new players to practise and earn some money along the way.
Mind that you can use this advice for other types of slots as well, not only Megaways. If you’re thinking about expanding your horizons in terms of slot types, you can try out the Prime Slots UK Casino. After all, you might find something you like more in there.
Games like Megaways slots and many others are only part of the reason online gambling sites have been so successful. If you find this topic intriguing, you can check out this article that goes into more details about it. Meanwhile, Mega Casino’s gaming lobby should keep you busy enough.