Why should you create an LLC?
Creating an LLC in the USA isn’t that hard. But it’s surely beneficial. You might ask — why should you want to form an LLC?
Well, first and foremost, a Limited Liability Company separates your personal assets from company assets, thus protecting you personally and legally.
Basically, it limits your liabilities as a person/owner of that LLC/business.
Main Steps on forming an LLC
- 1st step would be to choose your business name and check with your preferred state’s databases whether that name is available or not.
- 2nd step would be by choosing your registered agent for your LLC. It can be you personally or a hired professional registered agent.
- 3rd step usually would be filing Articles of Organization with your state of LLC formation.
- 4th step would be making sure you’re fulfilling all state-level requirements. They’re pretty much similar all in all, but may differ slightly based on each state.
- 5th step will require you to get an Operating Agreement for your LLC.
- 6th step is getting an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
Is it hard to form an LLC yourself?
As the steps above show — there are quite a few things to consider and have in mind when trying to create an LLC yourself. More so, each state has slightly different procedures and steps. So answering the question — is it hard to form an LLC yourself? – The answer depends on whether you have a lot of experience in that. Usually, people tend to use some of the many LLC formation services that do a really great job for a really affordable price.
What are the most recommend LLC formation services?
Well, it’s a pretty tough question. Since there are truly quite a few great companies offering help when you want to create an LLC. You might’ve heard of IncAuthority or Legalzoom and so on.
There surely are a lot of well-known and well-advertised companies out there. But, there are also some amazing LLC formation services that aren’t that well known but usually are even better than those super-well-known ones.
And if that wasn’t enough — their pricing is also very very attractive. One example we can give is ZenBusiness. They do a really great job, helping thousands of people every month to get their LLCs formed. If you wish to find out more about them — we recommend reading a Zenbusiness review here. You will find out everything about them.
Starting from pricing, package options, ending with company formation ETAs and etc.
So should you try creating an LLC yourself or hire some help?
The answer really depends on whether you have some experience doing this. And whether you have time. Considering the Zenbusiness example — their basic package to form an LLC for you is $49. Now, do you think that’s a lot considering all the time expenses you would experience by trying to do everything yourself? I do not think so.
In 9 cases out of 10 we always recommend choosing a reputable LLC formation service and saving your time and doing everything hassle-free